Visual Studio Code – Open Source
VS Code is a new type of tool that combines the simplicity of a code editor with what developers need for their core edit-build-debug cycle. Code provides comprehensive editing and debugging support, an extensibility model, and lightweight integration with existing tools.
vscode repository is where we do development and there are many ways you can participate in the project, for example:
- Submit bugs and feature requests and help us verify as they are checked in
- Review source code changes
- Review the documentation and make pull requests for anything from typos to new content
If you are interested in fixing issues and contributing directly to the code base, please see the document How to Contribute, which covers the following:
- How to build and run from source
- The development workflow, including debugging and running tests
- Coding Guidelines
- Submitting pull requests
- Ask a question on Stack Overflow.
- Request a new feature on GitHub.
- Vote for popular feature requests.
- File a bug in GitHub Issues.
- Tweet us with other feedback.
For a complete list, please see the Related Projects page on our wiki.
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Licensed under the MIT License.
Visual Studio Code http://code.visualstudio.com