Because this is so sweet..Related Posts
When people talk about how great Mr Robot is I agree but I suspect we’re not talking about the same thing.Related Posts
onism – n. the frustration of being stuck in just one body, that inhabits only one place at a time, which is like standing in front of the departures screen at an airport, flickering over with strange place names like other people’s passwords, each representing one more thing you’ll never get to see before you die-and all because, as the arrow on the map helpfully points out, you are here.
Ironically due to our connected world we’re all the more aware of the blank spots in our maps.
If you use a WordPress site, either as a visitor or owner, you’re using code that Alex King, one of the original developers of WordPress, worked on.
He passed away after fighting cancer for 2 years but his online presence lives on in the form of his blog with it’s deep archive of posts going back years, and in so much code that it’s humbling to look at his projects page. Looking through the svn log of WordPress trunk shows he still had a hand in helping the WordPress project until relatively recently:
WP Super Cache is a fast caching plugin for WordPress. It will help your site run faster and serve more traffic.
This is a security and bugfix release.
- Some servers display a directory index when no index.html is found in a directory. That may reveal the filenames of cache files.
- There were issues in the settings page that might allow an attacker to browse or delete files named index.html.
- PHP Object Injection could occur if an attacker managed to inject malicious code into the legacy cache meta files.
When you upgrade, your “legacy cache” files for logged in users will be deleted. This may have an impact on your site:
- If your site is slow at generating new pages.
- If you have many known users (logged in users or people who comment).
Your site will suddenly have to generate new cache files for all visiting known users.
Relying on caching like this is not recommended for these types of users as it’s very inefficient. Each user has a separate cache file that must be checked whenever the plugin does administration work like cleaning up stale cache files.