In this article, I’m going to review Wave.video which enables you to quickly create great looking videos.
Did you know that 80% of all web traffic will be video by 2020?
Yes, I know…video takes up a lot of bandwidth so its no surprise it will account for the vast majority of web traffic…
…but it’s still an impressive number!
So it’s no wonder video is playing such an important part in marketing strategies businesses use today.
And if you’re wondering about the tangible business results that video brings…just look at the following stat:
76% of businesses that use video for marketing purposes said it helped them increase sales!
Now, let’s take a look at a very useful tool that will help you create amazing looking videos, fast.
What is Wave.video?
Wave.video an online tool for creating videos.
It offers all the features you need to create engaging videos that people will love to watch and share.
The best thing about Wave.video is that you don’t have to be technical at all to use it.
It’s a drag-and-drop style editor, with huge libraries of video templates and background music, and options to add text and images with just a few clicks…
It’s as simple as it gets and it will save you hours of time you’d otherwise spend on audio and video editing with more traditional software.
There are three ways to use it:
Option A – Create the video from scratch using the stock library of assets.
Option B – Upload your own video and cut/edit/add music, etc.
Option C – A combination of A & B.
So let’s take a closer look….
How to use Wave.video to improve your social strategy
We know that video content drives more engagement than any other content out there.
We also know that video can be a pain to produce and that’s why we don’t bother!!!!
Wave.video is like Canva for video.
Canva is an image creation tool that grew like crazy because it enabled us to create images very quickly.
Wave.video does the same for video.
So imagine if you had a blog post and you wanted to promote it across social channels.
The best way to do this is with a short snappy video content.
You can go to Wave.video, select a template and create one or more videos to share on social.
Video templates are neatly organized in categories, such as Business, Technology, Education, Travel, etc. so you can easily find just the right clips for your video.
You can then preview the clips and choose the one you want to edit to create your video.
Here’s what you can do from the editor:
- Add text overlay to each section of the video and choose from a variety of available fonts, colors, and effects.
- Add images from the library or upload your own
- Choose background music from a large library of audio files
- Cut the video to your desired length
- Include your logo and add a ‘call to action’ at the end of the video
Another great thing about Wave.video is that it also lets you automatically optimize the format of your video for sharing on different social media platforms.
This is really helpful for promoting videos on social!
Editing your own video using Wave.video
If you already created your video and you need to do some editing, you can use Wave.video for this as well.
I used to use Screenflow or Camtasia for editing videos (both great tools for video editing!) but Wave.video has some advantages. It costs less and makes editing so much easier:
- You can add on royalty free music to your videos and choose from thousands of tracks
- You can add on emojis/funny images to liven up your videos
- It’s easier to add animated captions – no skills required!
Recently I wanted to promote a newly launched book by my friend Mark Schaefer. The book is called Marketing Rebellion.
I didn’t have much time to create the video so, in about 45 minutes, I shot various scenes and in 20 minutes I edited the video using Wave.video.
The video material I created required the following edits:
- Adding music
- Cutting clips
- Adding text
- Adding in a couple of slides
- Adding animation between different sections of the video
And yes, I did all this in 20 minutes!
Here’s the resulting video:
Combine Your Own Content with Content from Wave.video
We all have content assets just lying there that can easily be used for videos. These can be photos, short video clips, audio recordings…
On its own, this content may not be interesting enough to share with our audience but it can be a great foundation for an engaging video.
This is one more thing that’s made easy with the tool
You can upload your own content (video, photos, audio files), combine it with assets that Wave.video offers, and then do some quick cuts and edits to create unique videos.
What’s also cool about Wave.video is that it offers some advanced audio editing options:
So if you upload your own audio file you can cut it, combine it with tracks from the library, or record your voice directly from the editor and add it to the video.
There’s a free plan which they say is free forever!!
After this there is tiered pricing based on functionality. Here is just some of the functionality available for each pricing point:
- $8.25 per month for the Creator plan – You get a 1 minute video, lots more export options, video resizing options and more.
- $16.50 per month for the Pro plan – If you want to really step it up a notch you get 5 minute videos with full HD videos (1080p instead of 720p with Creator and Free plan). You get access to 2 million free videos and images that you can use in your videos and you can add your own watermark and logo.
- $33.25 per month for the Agency plan – You get everything with the Pro plan with the ability to have 25 brands (i..e your clients) managed through the platform and there’s an option to allow you to show your clients video footage you plan on buying before you buy. You can also upload your own fonts and have 3rd party reseller rights where you can resell content created.
Video is definitely the content format of today (and tomorrow!), but we still tend to look at it as something that’s really difficult to produce.
That is, if we want our videos to have that professional, polished look.
That’s why tools like Wave.video can really change the game for marketers, making it incredibly easy to create stunning videos to share with their audience.
And…there’s a free plan available so you can play around with the tool and see for yourself what it has to offer.
What tool(s) are you using for creating and editing videos? Let me know in the comments!
The post How to Use Wave.video to Rapidly Create Awesome Video Content appeared first on RazorSocial.