From Berlin we talk about our experience attending the largest WordCamp in the world and then dive into the news. We discuss 2,600 hacked WordPress sites being used for a free proxy service, Iranian cyber attacks, an attack at JPL affecting NASA and a WeTransfer security incident. We also cover a phishing breach at Oregon DHS affecting over 645,000 Oregonians, 2.9 million Canadians affected by a leak at Desjardins Group, and the bankruptcy filing of the collections firm behind the Quest Diagnostics and LabCorp breach.
Here are approximate timestamps in case you want to jump around:
00:37 WordCamp EU recap
06:32 Free proxy service running on 2600 hacked WordPress sites
09:28 US launches cyber attack targeting Iranian military
15:58 NASA mission network compromised by rogue Raspberry Pi
19:43 WeTransfer security incident
21:38 Oregon Department of Human Services suffers phishing attack
23:36 Desjardins Group leak exposes data 2.9 million members
25:48 Company behind data breach impacting 20 million Americans files for bankruptcy
This week in the news we cover:
- A free and commercial proxy service is using hacked WordPress sites for their service.
- US officials state that they’ve initiated a cyberattack on Iran though details are scant.
- A ten-month long intrusion at JPL threatened NASA mission control data.
- A security incident at WeTransfer sent files to the wrong people.
- A phishing attack at theOregon DHS impacted 645,000 Oregonians.
- A leak at Desjardins Group affects 2.9 million members.
- The collection firm behind the LabCorp, Quest breach files for bankruptcy.
Thanks to “Saburnsjax” for the review on Apple Podcasts!
The post Podcast Episode 25: WordCamp EU Wraps Up and WordPress Security News appeared first on Wordfence.